Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Smiles are Worth a Million Words!

Since we have created an email address for Morgan's Magical Ears, we have had the pleasure of seeing a few kids with their Woofi Puppies.  Its been so wonderful hearing their stories and we thought we would share.  If you got a Woofi bucket from CHOP please share with us at morgansmagicalears@gmail.com.

I wanted to take a moment to thank you and your family for the time spent to bring joy to children at CHOP. My son Isaiah went to CHOP today for surgery, that was a little more than about an hour. He was thrilled when he woke up and the nurse gave him the bucket you maid. To make a long story short, the stuffed dog you placed in that bucket has been with him from the time he got it to now, as I walked into my room to go to bed I found him asleep with the dog by his side.




I wanted to share this moment with you to show you that the work you do means a lot to the kids and their families. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help, it will mean a lot to me knowing that I can make a difference in a child's life.



P.S. attached you will find a photo of Isaiah asleep with the dog.



Thanks.







Dear Morgan,




My name is Ryan, I am 2 and a half years old and yesterday, on August 5th, I had surgery at CHOP.  My surgery wasn't a big one like yours (we read all about your ears and you are very brave!), but I am so little that it was a little scary and hard for me to understand.



Once I felt well enough to go home, my wonderful nurse Karen handed me one of your Woofi buckets and I smiled for the first time since waking up from the surgery!  I could not believe all of the great things in the bucket!  I held my Woofi dog the whole way home and now I sleep with him in my bed. 



My mommy, daddy and I wanted to say thank you SO much for making me smile and feel better after my surgery!  Nurse Karen said it was a very special little girl who brings the buckets to make kids like me happy, I think you are very special, too!



Attached to this e-mail is a picture of me hugging my Woofi dog!  Will you please e-mail back to let my mom and dad know how we can make a donation to you so that you can make some more buckets for other kids?



Thank you!!!  :)


No comments: